SOCAPS is a cooperative of independent technicians, always looking for new members with experience in mechanics, electronics and automation. We are currently looking for Electro-mechanical technicians.
Since 1984 we have been working with manufacturers, integrators and end users of automatic machines. We offer, anywhere in the world, services in the design, assembly, installation and maintenance of machines.
We federate 1 000 technicians in 110 countries and have 13 offices in the world.
We are the world leader in technical assistance in the agro-food packaging industry. We work in the Food & Beverage, Health & Care, Clean Energy, and Automated industries.
Our Atlanta-based staffing agency, is looking for a General Electro-mechanics technician M/F to deliver the desired customer service experience.
As a General Electro-mechanics technician M/F , you will :
- Assemble and test electrical, mechanical equipment and components ;
- Modify electrical, mechanical equipment to conform to project specifications ;
- Load required parameters into electronic drives and process controllers to ensure proper operation. Load machine specific software ;
- Organize and maintain machine production area, draws parts and materials from stock as required, restocks unused materials at projects end ;
- Interact with production personnel to resolve manufacturing and assembly issues and to provide technical assistance needed during the initial fabrication and testing of machine complexes ;
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individuals and departments ;
- Troubleshoot equipment to detect malfunction or failure of equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment for adjustments or replacement ;
- Complete machine electrical quality check list to validate sensor and software functionality prior to a Factory Acceptance Test by Client ;
- Perform modifications or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards ;
- Travel domestically and internationally to provide timely and accurate service to clients, working any shift needed by client for installation and/or troubleshooting of machinery ;
- Provide effective and accurate communication with clients ;
- Ensure needs of the client are met while incorporating the best interest of the company ;
- Conform to all electrical safe work practices and responsible for lock out tag out of assigned complexes.
- 3 years of electrical experience in an OEM environment preferred ;
- 3 years of Programmable Logic Controllers preferred ;
- 1 year of Industrial packaging Maintenance preferred;
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required; Technical Certification, Associates in Science degree preferred.
- Ability to read technical drawings and diagram
- Solid understanding of processes of automated machines
- Knowledge of digital electronics and logic circuits
- Knowledge of process controllers is a plus (e.g. PLC, Beckhoff and Siemens)
- Knowledge of motion control and retro systems is a plus
- Experience in use of diagnostic systems
- Passion for electronics and electronics-related hobbies are a plus
- Position requires extensive travel both domestic and international for extended periods.
- Willingness To Travel: 100%
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with the customer at multiple levels
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Flexible and with the ability to excel in production environments
- Maintains professional knowledge in applicable areas. Keeps abreast of changes in the field to include processes, vendor and client requirements.
- Multitasking skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Goal oriented
Sepideh SHOKOOHI– Recruitment Consultant
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com