- Analyze your professional and personal situation.
- Identify your business structure (Sole proprietorship, corporations, limited liability company, etc.).
- Identify Tax & medical coverage advantages/ disadvantages according to your personal situation.
BECOME A CONTRACTOR
Establishing yourself as an Independent Contractor requires an in-depth reflection on your professional project.
Have you asked yourself the following questions?
Do I have enough professional experience to be an Independent Contractor ?
Do I have a good sense of responsibility, work capacity, organizational skills ?
Does my family support me in this project ?
SOCAPS can help you to mature your professional project but it is a decision that belongs to YOU!
Once the decision is made, 3 steps to stake out your project:
Step 1: Inquire
Step 2: Formalize
- Identify business partners : accountants and/or lawyers…
- Name the Business : Naming the business is not a simple step since it requires some investigation to make sure that it meets all laws and regulations in place. Trade names can be registered through state Secretary of State offices, and for wider marketplace protection, through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO Trademark Search).
- Register the business and make any applicable declaration according to your country and state of residence.
Step 3: Finalize
- Get your General Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance
- Gather your complete banking information
- Get your tools, computer and phone operational
- Fill out and sign SOCAPS documents sent to you
- Prepare your SOCAPS traveler profile
Our Membership Services
SOCAPS is at the service of the development of its members
- Representation with the largest industrial companies in your region and worldwide
- Management of sales administration: billing, customer settlement
- Accompaniment in the development of your company
- Negotiation of special conditions of purchase of products and services: insurance, accounts department, bank, tool, etc.
Benefits for Your Business
- Referencing in large international groups for interventions in France & abroad
- Strong commercial promotion (economies of scale to finance permanent business actions) for more than 20 years
- Regular support in the creation and management of businesses
- Significant financial position: credibility, negotiating power with banks and insurance companies
- Structure you own